Friday, April 23, 2010

Getting Crafty…

We have a small bathroom on the main floor, off the kitchen, that needed a new look.  I found this picture at Target that I fell in love with.Blogging 001

  You can see why…I “love” {pun intended} to use words in my decorating, and so much of what I am about is Love!  Since this looked fantastic on the wall in the bathroom, I decided to make something similar to go on the opposite wall.  

Blogging 002

I don’t have pictures of the process, but this was so easy to make.  I bought the two stars, the ribbon and the black stickers.  I already had paint and antiquing gel at home.  I sanded and painted both stars, then used antiquing gel to age the edges a bit.  The black stickers have a velvet texture and I randomly placed them on the stars to correspond to the black designs on the original picture.  Blogging 003

I had a sticker that said “Kiss” and I put that on the smaller star.  Then I hot glued the wider ribbon, it has a plaid design, to both stars and looped it over a hook on the wall.  I used 1/4” grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow near the top. 

It didn’t take me long…and now I have two great, new decorations.

What have you done lately to freshen up a corner of your house?

0 favorite readers have commented...:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!