Thursday, May 6, 2010

What I've Been Reading...

I have always loved reading.  Ever since I was a little girl books have provided a certain comfort, an escape, a way to relax.  One of my favorite things is to share reading with my kids.

Reading with Connar: Connar has been completely sucked into the Percy Jackson series.  Last week he finished Battle of the Labryinth by Rick Riordan and I got to read it.  I read out loud with Connar a bit each night, so I had heard pieces of this book.  The whole book was better than I expected however and I enjoyed every page.  I can't wait for Connar to finish the last book in the series, so I can too!

Reading with Aiden:  Aiden and I read together every evening.  Some nights he feels more like reading and others he wants me to read.  In the past year he's gone from a hesitant reader to a much more confident one.  His favorites to read to me are Mercer Mayer's Little Critter books.  {Little Critter is a bit like Aiden!}  He also goes through fun phases in what he likes to hear.  Currently we're reading lots of Dr. Seuss.

My Reading:  I most recently finished Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen which I loved!  I read it on the recommendation of my good friend Tessa.  It's sweet and compelling with well-written characters.  I had my next book all lined up...a highly recommended book for a Book Club with my work colleagues...and I just had to buy another Sarah Addison Allen!  {The joys of owning a Kindle...I can change my mind and buy a new book...from bed...at 9:00 at night!}  So, I am currently reading Sugar Queen and I'll let you know how it turns. 

What's on your bookshelf?  What books do you recommend?
Happy Reading!

0 favorite readers have commented...:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!