Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love Reading...



I ran across a great book this week that I have really been enjoying...
You Know When the Men are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
This is a collection of short stories all centered around Fort Hood, a large army base in Texas.  The author tells stories of military families.  She talks about what it's like when husbands deploy for a year.  How couples deal with the separation.  She tells stories of Iraq and Afghanistan  and how the soldiers stationed there feel.  She talks about how hard it is, on wives and husbands, when the men return.  The author paints a compelling portrait of the life of soldiers and their families.

I highly recommend this collection.   One of my favorite sorts of books is the type that gives a reader a glimpse into a world that is not her own.  This book does just that...lets us look into the world of an army wife, the world of a soldier and gives us a chance to understand.


In honor of Valentine's Day, all February Book Club posts will be about my all time favorite books.  What are your favorites?  Could you choose just four?  Join the conversation and share the books you love!

0 favorite readers have commented...:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!