Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Club Friday...


I just finished the best book and I can't wait to share it with you...
Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen  I have been enjoying Anna Quindlen lately and I am still reading her collection of essays, Loud and Clear.  This book, Rise and Shine is set in New York and tells a story of sisters, a story of finding yourself, a story of relationships and growing up, and a story that pulls the reader in and doesn't let go until the last page.

A quote that stuck with me, "There are no sides.  You love somebody and you help them, and you give them a break.  And they do things you don't like but you love them so you go along."

I also appreciate her perspective on being a mom, "Children blow up your life and then they leave."  This book runs the gamut on emotions and tells a story that captivated me. 

What's next? I think I am going to stick with Anna Quindlen for a bit and pick up Black and Blue.  I really need a book that I can sink into right now, and this one seems like it has nothing in common with my life. 

What will you be reading this weekend?

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!