Saturday, October 23, 2010

Football Boy...

My youngest son, Aiden, played football this fall.  Football required a different commitment than I expected or than I have been asked to make for any other kids sport.  Wow!  I complained frequently through the season, there were more than a couple meltdowns, and the season wore me out.  But just when I thought we couldn't give any more to football... I looked at this face...and learned a few things about Aiden #6:

* He loves sports and he loves playing football.  When I took this picture, I joked that I would save it for the Senior Yearbook and it's possible that these two cuties will still be playing football together when they're high school seniors. 
* He's a good football player, he understands the game and he knows where he's supposed to be at any given time.  That's Aiden carrying the ball, just before he was tackled. 
* If you look closely, you'll see a #6 on the far left...my boy on top of a great tackle.  This was a moment I cheered loudly for but let me tell you, it's a little disconcerting to hear the other teams fans go wild and see your boy at the bottom of the pile.
* If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said this sport is too much for 6 year olds.  I probably would have said, "There's no way I would let my kid play."  But,  I have learned a lot about my son watching him play football...he's stronger than I thought he was, he's smart and fast, he's a great team player, he's a good sport, he can take a  hit and return one, he's an athlete.

And, I'm a sporty mom.  I don't exactly what that means, or what will be asked of me, but I do know that I will be there...water bottles and snacks in tow...along for the ride.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing post! Those photos of him are amazing and you're right, you'll be posting that one in his senior yearbook as he has a full scholarship playing for some college. He's so talented and has incredible drive. You & Kyle are amazing parents and role models for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I sure do love watching him play football :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!