Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for Spring...

I love living in a part of the country that has 4 full seasons, but I will admit that Spring is my favorite.  I love watching everything turn green, seeing the days getting longer and having more sunshine.  I also love what spring brings...namely soccer...lots of soccer. 

Saturday morning I woke up, ready for my oldest son's first outdoor soccer game of the season.  It was snowing...great big fluffy flakes of snow.  The kind of snow that makes you giddy in November, anticipating a long cozy winter.  Not the kind of snow you want to see four hours before a soccer game.  By the time we were at the field, it was merely a colossal mud pit...the snow had melted.  I was left needing a little touch of spring in my house...

 I got this metal flower a couple of weeks ago at JoAnne Fabrics, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it...
I decided to cover a block with some spring-colored paper using mod podge...
I also added a bit of distressing ink around the edges of the paper once the glue was dry...
I drilled a hole in the top of the block...
...and cut a bit of the stem off the flower {actually Kyle cut the stem...it was really hard to cut!}
I used my favorite Silhouette and navy vinyl to add some letters and now I have a little reminder that it will soon be spring...for real!


1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!