Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Working Mommy Wednesday...

It's Wednesday...time to link up with Julie at Work, Wife, Mom...Life and the rest of the Working Mommy Network for...




The prompts this week:  * What is your thing?  That thing or routine you need to get through the day.  * What do you do on your commute to work?


I usually get up early, while the house is still sleeping, and workout.  While it's often hard to get out of bed, I love working out in the morning.  Most mornings I meet my good friend Tessa and other fun girls for a class - weight lifting or spinning.  I get in a good workout and a little social time!  I also try to get in at least one run and one swim each week so I stay in good shape for summer triathlons.

I started working out in the mornings because I discovered that I was a much more patient mom in the afternoons.  Since then, I have taken up triathlons and enjoy the time in the gym each day.

My morning commute is a long one.  The school I work at is about 30 minutes away.  Most mornings I eat breakfast and enjoy my first cup of coffee while I listen to a great morning radio show.  It's a nice drive.

Once a week, I bring the boys with me to school...as part of the juggling act of working parents.  My Firefighting husband works 24 hour shifts at the fire station around the corner from my school.  Since he gets off work at 7:30, I bring the boys to school with me.  He picks them up, drives them back home and to school.  It's not easy on the kids to wake up an hour earlier once a week so I bribe them with McDonalds breakfast :)  On the mornings the boys are with me we listen to xm20 on the radio and rock out during the drive!

8 comments:

  1. that's tough balancing his job like that. but it sounds like it works. and what better way to TALK to your kids than a car ride!!!

    and good for you for doing the gym in the morning!!! seriously. way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently made a career change that is only 12 minutes from my home. I miss my 30 minute quiet drive to and from work. That's when I would catch up on phone calls and listen to music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to exercise first thing in the morning too b/c later in the day, I seem to talk myself out of it. You have a such a cute blog, I've decided to follow! have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a morning workout person...now I get mine in later in the day. It makes such a huge difference in how I feel when I get my workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on the workout! I am in a rut, so this inspired me. Happy WMW & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love working out in the morning and do it before the entire family wakes up. Good for you on doing the triathlons, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love our morning workouts!! Great time to catch up while getting fit!
    Have a great day friend,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently found your blog. And i am enjoying it because we have a lot in common! I am a teacher and my husband is a firefighter/Paramedic and we are workout fanatics! We are expecting our first during the first week of september. I am also moving to a new school. So i will be learning to juggle a new life as a mom and a new experience at a different school. Glad to know it can be done!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!