Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Elf...

One of our most recent, but favorite Christmas traditions is The Elf on the Shelf.  I bought this book for my kids last year and our family's elf came with the book.  As per the book's instruction, we learned that our elf was visiting from the North Pole and would be reporting back to Santa, frequently, during the holiday season.  The boys would know that he traveled to the North Pole each night because he would be sitting in a new location each morning.
This morning Jingle was sitting on the shelf with the boys stocking holders! 

Since my boys are 5 years apart, I had been looking for a way to keep the magic of Christmas for my oldest.  This new tradition has been perfect.  They love looking for Jingle each morning and my husband and I occasionally remind them that Jingle is listening to their conversations {arguments}  The magic of the season is alive and well in our house as we host one of Santa's elves during the month of December.  Last year, the boys were disappointed to discover that Jingle returned with Santa on Christmas Eve.  With their excitement at his appearance this year, I am sure they will be sorry to see him leave again this year.

What are your new, favorite traditions?

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I first became aware of ELf on a Shelf when visiting our friends. Their son looked forward to finding the elf every morning and was so excited to get out of bed. I had to rush out and get one for my neice and nephew :)
    What a great tradition.

    -Krista

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!