Friday, June 17, 2011

Five Question Friday...5

Here's a fun linky I haven't participated in for a while...




1. What is your favorite summer time activity?
Ahhh...I love summer!  I have several favorite activities...but they all revolve around the best ever...I get to be a stay-at-home-mom during the summer and I love it!!
* Reading...anytime & anywhere...preferably while "watching" my kids doing something fun like skateboarding or swimming
* Hanging out at the skateboard park, local pool, beach or park with my kids
* Hanging out in the backyard with my kids...throw in some girlfriends and their kids and you've got a party!

2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?
I always buy Tide.  When I was growing up I had sensitive skin and I can remember being very itchy sometimes when my mom changed detergents.  My son is also prone to itchiness, so I stick to the same thing.  At this point it really is more out of habit than real allergic need...I am a creature of habit when it comes to product loyalty.


3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
I love to BBQ!  That said, I am rarely the cook whether it's summer or any other season.  My husband is an excellent cook and he enjoys cooking so it's usually him at the stove, or BBQ as the case may be.  My favorite dinner to make in the summer is Kyle's BBQ steaks, with corn-on-the-cob on the grill, yummy fresh fruit and a tasty summer drink.

4. Do you have any talents?
Well, that's debatable.  I feel like a very talented singer, but I have been told that the best place to showcase this talent is in the car...when I am by myself...and someone else is loudly singing over me :)

I suppose a real talent I have is for crafting...I love to create and make things.  Right now I am into paper crafts and multi-media, but I also like to sew and paint.  It's a great way to relax and have something to show for it when I am all finished.

I also love to share science with kids.  I am always on the look out to find ways to incorporate science ideas into projects or outings.  I think that teaching kids how to think and examine their world with curiosity is a life time gift and it's so rewarding.

5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
Hmmm...I would love to be more mechanically minded.  It would be very satisfactory to be able to repair small engines, or work on my car with competence.  I would also really like to learn how to weld.  I think that being able to fabricate things in metal would be fantastic.

Well, that's it for this week.  I have finished the last few days of school and I am getting ready to settle in for a fantastic summer with my boys.  That also means lots more time to devote to this little blog.  Keep checking back...I have ideas {and finally the time to implement them!}
I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I sing best in the car as well :) Did you ever see that show on MTV or VH1 where people were secretly taped while singing in their car? Their friends thought they were terrible singers and they were people who always sang loudly, to everything, while driving. I lived in fear that one of my friends had nominated me for the show!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!