Friday, April 8, 2011

Book Club Friday...

Ahhh...Spring Break!  I have had a great week...lots of time to play with the kids...lots of time to curl up with a good book!

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

Why did I pick it up?  I have read all of the author's earlier books and really enjoyed them.  I actually pre-ordered this book and it showed up on my Kindle the day it was released.

Why did I keep reading?  One of the things I enjoy about her books is the light weaving of magic throughout the story line.  It's not a fantasy book, it's grounded in the modern day but...there is this little thread of magic that dances through the story line.  I love the stories she tells.  Like her other books, The Peach Keeper was primarily about relationships and finding oneself.  This one was also a bit of a mystery.  The story was engaging and the characters were people I cared about.  I was particularly interested in the idea of a social club started by the grandmothers of the current members.  The idea of three generations of friends intrigues me.

What stuck with me?  I loved this quote, "She walked out into the sunshine, smiling.  Fate never promises to tell you everything up front.  You aren't always shown the path in life you're supposed to take." Looking back on the story, it was perfect for relaxing at the end of a busy, full day.

What have you been reading?  Is there anything that's stuck with you?  Share it!
Happy Weekend...Happy Reading!

0 favorite readers have commented...:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!