Thursday, July 7, 2011

4 days and counting...

It's almost time for the first TRIATHLON of the season!  Since I have three events this summer, and the first two are sprints, I am not tapering for this race.  I have made a few tweaks to my workout calendar for the week:
Monday:  30 mile bike ride
Tuesday: 1 mile swim
Wednesday: Break day, with a 2 mile walk in the afternoon
Thursday: 3 mile run with lots of hills
Friday: Brick...10 mile bike ride and 2 mile run
Saturday: Swim...I haven't decided which workout I'll do, but it will likely be a 1 mile worth of intervals
Sunday:  My first sprint triathlon of the season...1/3 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run

I am really excited for the race this weekend.  I've had a different training calendar this summer and I am feeling much stronger and more in shape then last summer.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog. I am a marathon runner (and mom of three ages 5,3, & 1) and I REALLY want to do a triathlon a year from now. I'll have to follow your blog for encouragement and advice!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers...please leave a comment!